Demario Davis of the New Orleans Saints received an unexpected fine of $7,017 for an alleged uniform violation during the NFL’s week three games.
What We Know:
- Davis took to his official Instagram account to share the news he received.
- The infraction occurred in the Saints’ 33-27 win over the Seattle Seahawks on Sept. 22. Davis wore a gold headband with the phrase “Man of God” in black lettering across the front underneath his helmet.
- The head gear violates the NFL’s personal violation policy. Per the league uniform policy, “personal messages” are prohibited during games.
- First offenses for this specific sign is $7,017 at minimum and $14,037 for the second.
- “I don’t think a lot of people were aware of the policy that was in place—I wasn’t even fully aware of it,” Davis told NOLA.com. “I just wanted to put it out and just kind of help fans who care about the game understand a more intricate part of the game.”
It is said that Davis wears headbands and armbands often, yet this is the first to bear a personal message.