Just days after Joshua Brown was brutally murdered Dallas police have named three suspects and have two in custody.
What We Know:
- 28-year-old Joshua Brown was murdered shortly after taking the stand as a key witness in a trial against former police officer Amber Guyger.
- Dallas police issued arrest warrants for Michael Diaz Mitchell,32; Thaddeous Charles Green,22; and Jacquerious Mitchell, 20 during a press conference Tuesday morning.
- The three suspects allegedly traveled approximately four hours from Louisiana to Dallas with intent to purchase drugs from Brown. It is unknown what verbal exchange took place; however, both Brown and the suspects exchanged gunfire at some point. Brown sustained fatal injuries to the chest and mouth and one suspect was also wounded.
- Suspect Jacquerious Mitchell was captured by the Dallas police after seeking medical attention for his wounds at a nearby hospital. Police later took his uncle Michael Mitchell into custody Tuesday night in Louisiana. The third suspect Thaddeous Charles Green, is still at large.
- Dallas Police obtained a search warrant for Brown’s apartment after his murder. Police confiscated 12 lbs. of marijuana, 149 grams of THC cartridges and $4,157 in cash.
- Although many people have speculated that Brown was murdered because of his testimony in the Amber Guyger trial, Dallas police have assured the public that his murder resulted from a botched drug deal. However, the community doesn’t seem to agree.
- “A cloud of suspicion will rest over this case until steps are taken to ensure the trustworthiness of the process,” Brown’s family said in a written statement.
- Social media has also been buzzing with suspicion and anger.
Joshua Brown didn’t deserve the slander tossed on his name because he was man enough to testify against a racist cop. We are drug dealers, criminals and, human traffickers when we stand up for what’s right. Racism & bigotry rains down by racists whites KILLING US. #ItMatters
— DYMON’S KNOWLEDGE (@DymonsKnowledge) October 9, 2019
- Dallas police are still in search of any information leading to the whereabouts of the third suspect. All three men are facing capital murder charges.
We’re sending our deepest condolences to the Brown family during this unfortunate time.