R&B singer Monica received an honorary doctorate from the Global International Alliance for her humanitarian efforts.
What We Know:
- In an Instagram post celebrating the accomplishment, Brown wrote that “this Doctrine acknowledges my Humanitarian Efforts & that means a tremendous amount to me especially since establishing @thebehumanfoundation … Thank you for thinking of & acknowledging me!”
- She also took the time to acknowledge her mother, stating in another post “…Thank you for standing for me…My Mom believed that because I loved children & I constantly signed my name that I would be a pediatrician!! This is as close as I’ve come to being Dr. Monica LOL…. I’m happy it was for the good I’ve done outside of music that I received this honor…”
- Her humanitarian work includes her organization called the “Be Human Foundation”, which works to “utilize music and poignant messaging to give our communities a platform to triumph over oppressive situations and inspire each other around the world to do the same.”
- Her humanitarian work also includes being a part of the Entertainment Council of “Feeding America.”
- When speaking about the organization, she stated “Feeding America is an organization that has won my heart in many ways. They make sure those who are suffering and in need are able to have one of the greatest essentials in life–food…It’s been both and honor and a pleasure for my husband and I to step up for the community, join the quest in ending hunger and do our best to feed America.”
Congratulations to her for the major accomplishment!