A video shown at an American Priority event has surfaced and it depicts Donald Trump violently attacking the press and his critics.
What We Know:
- At a three-day event hosted by the pro-Trump group, American Priority, attendees were shown a violent video depicting the president shooting, stabbing, and attacking the news media and his opponents. The event took place at the president’s Miami resort in Doral.
- The video, an edited scene of the 2014 film Kingsman: The Secret Service, shows the president’s head imposed on a character who conducts a violent assault inside a church.
- The video depicts a scene inside the “Church of Fake News” where parishioners rise as Mr. Trump walks down the aisle. Many parishioners’ faces have been replaced with the logos of news media organizations, including PBS, NPR, Politico, The Washington Post, and NBC.
- He then stops in the middle of the church, pulls a gun out of his suit jacket pocket and begins a graphic, violent rampage. As the parishioners try to flee, the president fires at them. He shoots Black Lives Matter in the head and also shoots Vice News.
- The video also depicts Trump setting Sen. Bernie Sanders’s head on fire, throwing Rep. Maxine Waters through a window, and assaulting multiple other figures like John McCain, liberal billionaire George Soros, Mitt Romney, Barack Obama, MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski, Hillary Clinton, and comedians Rosie O’Donnell and Kathy Griffin.
- YouTube did not take the video down, but it did put on restrictions. The event’s organizers, as well as The White House, were quick to distance themselves from the video. Press secretary Stephanie Grisham put out a tweet stating she had not seen the video but still apologizes.
The video shown at the American Priority conference is troubling as some Trump supporters say they have been inspired by Trump’s continued problematic rhetoric.
*WARNING THE VIDEO BELOW CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGERY*
Re: the video played over the weekend: The @POTUS @realDonaldTrump has not yet seen the video, he will see it shortly, but based upon everything he has heard, he strongly condemns this video.
— Stephanie Grisham (@PressSec) October 14, 2019