A new Clueless Reboot is on its way thanks to CBS TV Studios. However, this time it will be focused on the character Dionne.
What We Know:
- The original 1995 film Clueless is loosely based on Jane Austen’s novel Emma, which chronicled life at a Beverly Hills high school from a satirical lens. The reboot will be a mystery drama series based on Dionne the character played by Stacey Dash in the iconic film.
- CBS TV Studios retains the rights to the 1995 film, which spawned a comedy series in 1996. The series ran on ABC and UPN for a combined three seasons.
- In the original film, Dionne was the main character Cher’s best friend and partner in crime. This time around the plot will be centered on Dionne who will be navigating through popularity and high school after her friend Cher goes missing adding a unique mystery perspective to the 90s classic.
- The modern-day reboot is set to take place in Los Angeles. It is written by Jordan Reddout and Gus Hickey who also wrote the NBC show, Will & Grace.
- Robert Lawrence, one of the original producers of the film, will be executively producing the film alongside Corinne Brinkerhoff and Tiffany Grants.
Fans are skeptical of whether or not this series will live up to the legendary status of the original.