On Monday, Nicki Minaj and Kenneth “Zoo” Petty announced their recent nuptials via Instagram with matching Mr. and Mrs. mugs and black and white baseball caps that had bride and groom written across the front.
View this post on Instagram
What We Know:
- On August 12th, during her Queen Radio show, Minaj revealed that she and Petty had filed a marriage license and said she would be married in about 80 days.
- She said, “We still had to pick it up, and I was traveling, by the time I came back, we had to renew it again,” she explained. “From that time, you have 90 days to get married. That was about a week ago, so now I have about 80 days.”
- Minaj and Petty have been dating since 2018 and went Instagram-official in December that year.
- Since then, the couple have been hot and heavy. Petty went as far to debut a tattoo of Minaj’s birth name Onika weeks after going live and displaying their love. Soon after that, Minaj posted a photo of her and her man with the caption “Bae out in Paris”.
- Also in that same month, Petty Starred in Minaj’s “Megatron” video. In it, she sang “I f— him like I miss him / He just came out of prison.” This was a reference to his criminal past. Petty is a registered sex offender and served time in jail for manslaughter. Although many fans don’t approve of Minaj dating Petty, she appears to not care about the criticism. Claiming when the assault occurred, Petty was 15, and the victim was 16. Minaj states that she has known him since they were teenagers and that he has matured since then.
According to People, reps for Nicki Minaj did not respond to the latest news.