Brooke Goins had no idea that a social media post would lead to such a philanthropic act of kindness from A-list celebrities, Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez.
What We Know:
- On October 2, Brooke Goins, a teacher at Jacksboro Elementary School in Jacksboro, Tennessee, took to social media to express how a conversation she had with one of her students, who didn’t know when his food would be delivered from the guidance counselor, impacted her.
- Groins went on to admit that she cried in front of her students and expressed that no child should be hungry, ever. She immediately went to send a text to her group of teachers. “Remember, hearing people say that we spend all of our money in our classrooms? We spend it to make sure that our kids have what they need to succeed, and today we bought food,” she says.
- Her story was re-posted over 40,000 times and caught the attention of newly engaged Lopez and A-Rod. Within a few weeks, the pair made a generous donation to Jacksboro Elementary School.
- Lopez posted a video to Instagram of her and A-Rod talking with Goins and her classroom.
Teachers & students at Jacksboro Elementary School had the sweetest reaction to @JLo & @ARod‘s generous donation to their food pantry: “They will never know how much they’ve helped out our kids and our community.” pic.twitter.com/uixjtdVs8B
— Access (@accessonline) October 25, 2019
- “We were so moved. Oh my God, we were crying,” Lopez told Goins. She went on to say “For the student you wrote about on Facebook, we’re donating a year’s worth of meals for him and his family.” The food will be provided from the frozen-food delivery company Lopez and A-Rod recently launched called Tiller & Hatch.
Lopez told Goins that “Everyone should have access to delicious, nutritious food,” and went on to say that “This was my favorite moment of the month and it’s one of the best things we’ve been able to do”.