HBO Max is preparing a new series inspired by the original Grease film.
What We Know:
- Fans of the classic film Grease will be happy to know that a brand new series known as Grease: Rydell High is coming to their television screens soon. Although it’s a spinoff of Grease, they will introduce it to the world as a live action musical through HBO Max, and it will cost you.
- Many people love the film Grease for its main stars, Olivia Newton John and John Travolta who both nailed their acting roles and brought the film to life. Although the world fell in love with their story, there isn’t any confirmation for their return in the spinoff. However, there are rumors of old characters joining the series, but you must wait to find out who those characters are.
- The 1960s era will be the base of the series which will incorporate both performance art and music from the 60s. If the 60s was your era, then you can prepare for a trip down memory lane. If you’ve never seen Grease now is the time to catch up before the spinoff series premieres in just a few months.
- The details of the show’s description is described as “the global smash hit movie with some characters you already know, and a whole lot more you will soon meet. It’s still the 1950s, a world that rocks with big musical numbers from the period combined with new original songs as well. It’s the peer pressures of high school, the horrors of puberty, and the rollercoaster of life in middle America with a modern sensibility that will bring it to life for today’s musical lovers.”
- Netflix can expect some upcoming competition because WarnerMedia will launch HBO Max in 2020 as a subscription based video streaming service. HBO Max will include all the popular HBO series along with some of your classic favorite series including Friends, The Boondocks, Gossip Girls, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and more. HBO Max will cost consumers approximately $16 to $17 monthly, which is in the same price range of a Netflix subscription after their recent price increase. HBO Max is delivering spinoffs, reboots and rebirths all on a single platform that offers plenty of convenience to subscribers.
We’re looking forward to seeing what HBO MAX has to offer. Are you planning on trading in Netflix for HBO Max?