The new Tyler Perry Studios will host the fifth Democratic Presidential Debate next month.
- The new Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta was hand-picked to be the venue for the next presidential debate on November 20, 2019, from 9 PM-11 PM. The Democratic candidates will debate key policies and make their arguments for why they should be picked to run against President Donald Trump in the 2020 election.
- Tyler Perry Studios is the first large scale studio owned by an African-American. The backlot houses 12 soundstages each named after an African American star admired by the major actor and producer. It is also home to production facilities for Perry’s film and TV projects and third-party studios.
- The debate, which will be hosted by MSNBC and The Washington Post, will have an all-female set of moderators. Rachel Maddow, who moderated the debate in June, will be joined by Andrea Mitchell, host of Andrea Mitchell Reports on MSNBC, Kristen Welker, NBC News’ White House correspondent, and Ashley Parker, a White House reporter for The Washington Post.
- According to those who have visited the complex, it is larger than Paramount, Warner Bros. and Walt Disney’s Burbank studio combined.
- Stacey Abrams Former Georgia gubernatorial candidate confirmed the news in a tweet.
Democratic Debate site is set: @TPStudios is a model for Georgia’s vibrant film industry, an engaged corporate citizen and an exceptional location for our #DemDebate. Looking forward to welcoming the candidates to Georgia on November 20. #gapol
— Stacey Abrams (@staceyabrams) October 26, 2019