What We Know:
- To our surprise, Rap Snacks CEO and majority owner James Lindsay, originally launched the business in 1994 in a brand partnership with Master P, but things began to slow down in 2011.
- After spending a few years co-managing rapper Meek Mill, Lindsay re-branded and relaunched the business, sorting out previous issues with manufacturing and distribution and rolling out new flavors like Migos’ Sour Cream with a Dab of Ranch.
- Lindsay says it’s the years spent working with Meek Mill where he saw changes in the music industry that signaled the time was right to bring Rap Snacks back. He says that “Social media has played a big part in the resurgence of Rap Snacks, because people knew about it but everybody didn’t know about it.”
- Since the brand regained its’ buzz, it has been endorsed by other celebrities such as Cardi B, Fetty Wap and many others. Lindsay & Master P struck a deal with Walmart and Rap Snacks are on their way to being available in 4,200 Walmart stores nationwide.
- Born Percy Miller, known to us a Master P, the “Make ’em say uhh,” No Limit Records CEO says he new ‘Rap Snacks’ was a smart business move. “It’s all about the blood, sweat, and tears and saying that we are entrepreneurs,” Master P tells ABC Audio of his partnership wtih Rap Snacks CEO James Lindsay. “So that’s my involvement in getting into this, because I say, ‘You know what? This is an entrepreneur, I’m an entrepreneur. Imagine what we could do together.’”
- Master P sat down in an interview with and admitted that he was prejudged due to the nature of his music in the past, he says “Nobody is perfect. I put my trust and faith in God and tell people, ‘You can’t prejudge somebody’ because everybody can change and everybody can grow,” he added in the interview.
- Master P has shown that he is more than just music, he’s a father, an actor, a businessman, producer, philanthropist and the list continues to climb.
Lindsay says longevity is one of the qualities he looks for in selecting the performers to feature on the products’ packaging.