According to a GoFundMe created in his honor, Tai Couture whose real name is Tyree Williams was also a hairstylist
and make-up artist.
What We Know:
- The Youtuber opened up about his battled with depression in a Facebook post after Nigel Shelby’s suicide. “My heart mourns for the pain, torment, and loneliness this baby felt preceding his suicide. My suicide attempt was only a little over a year ago when I cut my wrist with a knife and was hospitalized. Although bullying wasn’t my trigger I know firsthand how it feels to be desperate for the hurt to end. I pray for Nigel’s family, friends, and the LGBTQ community. May the world continue to spread more unconditional love and not hate,” the post read.
- Shelby, was a ninth-grader who took his life In April after he was bullied for being gay.
- Although Couture denied bullying was a trigger for his own depression, it is unknown what events led to his untimely death.
- Back in 2016 Couture shared his journey with depression after a near-fatal crash.
- His family created a GoFund Me to help pay for his homegoing.
Some of fans and fellow YouTubers express their condolences on Twitter.
Rest in Power Tai Couture pic.twitter.com/MiSqKgETOn
— Savoire Faire (@JSavoire) November 1, 2019
— This is why I Rock! (@ItsKingsWorld) November 2, 2019
Our condolences go out to all that knew and loved Tai.