Nicki Minaj has decided that she will no longer post on her Instagram account, due to the company’s decision to remove the “likes”.
What We Know:
- Rapper Nicki Minaj is not happy with Instagram’s announcement to remove the “likes” from their platform. Minaj discussed her displeasure on Twitter by stating: “I’m not posting on IG after this week cuz they removing the likes. Hmmmm what should I get into now? Think of all the time I’ll have with my new life.”
- Minaj says that this new change will affect artists in a major way. She spoke about the new change altering the way artists are able to express themselves, reach new fans, and also put money into their pockets.
- In a now deleted tweet, she continued her thoughts as she compared this change of Instagram to historian Harriet Tubman. “We are so easily pacified. Harriet would never. Yall are smoking d**k if yall don’t think labels aint pissed about the level of independence these artists. They all work TOGETHER. Unlike us…settling for crumbs. But Memba when I spoke on other s*** before it happened??”
- Although this may be the “Megatron” rapper’s viewpoint, Adam Mosseri, the CEO of instagram and his team have already tested out the new look for Instagram in other countries.
- “Heads Up! We’ve been testing making likes private on Instagram in a number of countries this year,” says Adam Mosseri, the head of Instagram. “We’re expanding those tests to include a small portion of people in the US next week. Looking forward to the feedback!”
- So far in the US users have began to see the change as they interact with other users. Other entertainers such as Cardi B, has also mentioned that she does not see the “likes” as an issue, but more so the negative comments from other users.
Whether one agrees or disagrees, this change will happen. Minaj has kept her word and has not posted anything on the Instagram platform since November 9th.
I’m not posting on IG after this week cuz they removing the likes. Hmmmm what should I get into now? Think of all the time I’ll have with my new life
— Mrs. Petty (@NICKIMINAJ) November 9, 2019