Kodak Black has had a bad history with the law.
What We Know:
- U.S. District Judge Federico A. Moreno sentenced Kodak to 46 months in prison on federal weapons charges. He will have 3 years of supervised release too.
- Kodak was also charged with two counts of falsely writing statements to own firearms, according to CBS. This is in connection to the May incident where Kodak falsified information on federal forms to buy three firearms. Prosecutors say these weapons were found at a shooting in Pompano Beach.
- He was previously denied bond for being a “danger to the community” due to his lengthy criminal record. Kodak also has drug, weapons, and sexual assault charges in other states.
- He now faces an additional 60 years in federal prison with two more felony gun charges since Sunday for possession of a gun by a convicted felon. One was in connection to a purchased a gun in January, while the other gun was connected to a gun found on him when he was arrested in May in Miami, according to Yahoo.
- His fans have gone to social media to complain and demand his release.
— Rolling Loud (@RollingLoud) November 13, 2019
— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) November 13, 2019
Kodak Black fans after they found out he got sentenced to 46 month in prison pic.twitter.com/WrV0GqjCPa
— (@ChippiJack) November 13, 2019
It is unknown at this time if he will be serving time for his new charges consecutively or simultaneously with his current sentence.