Tory Lanez dropped his new album Chixtape 5 on November 15, 2019.
What We Know:
- Tory Lanez dropped his highly anticipated album Chixtape 5 on November 15th. Tory Lanez’s new album has 18 tracks with musical influences from Ashanti‘s “Foolish”, T-Pain’s “I’m Sprung“, and Chris Brown‘s “Take You Down“.
- He sings alongside Lloyd and also has features with several iconic rappers such as Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Fabolous, and Ludacris.
- The R&B singer said in a statement, “Everything is 2000s inspired. Everything is inspired by the times when things were golden for us. I think all those pieces and everything that we’ve come out with has been all about nostalgia. I’m about to take you on a whole journey musically.”
- Some fans of the star have had questions about a skit on the album named “Busted.” The skit comes after the end of the track “Best of You” which features singer and songwriter Mya. Some fans are discussing whether or not a part of it was a jest. Jalissa a women in the skit quotes the lyrics “So in the good words of my brother Maxwell, ‘How does it feel?’” when the lyrics are actually from D’Angelo’s hit song “Untitled (How Does it Feel)”.
- The first Chixtape project was released in 2011 and Tory Lanez has always sampled some of the top R&B tracks. In this new project, he was also able to get the original artists to feature on the sampled tracks.
This is the first time a Chixtape project is available on streaming platforms such as iTunes and Spotify.
Omg there’s a skit on Tory’s album where this girl says “In the words of my brother MAXWELL, ‘How does it feeel?” pic.twitter.com/CxP30R6Wpr
— Bri (@BriMalandro) November 14, 2019