The airport experienced record-breaking Thanksgiving holiday travelers over the weekend, and it was stilling going on into Monday.
What We Know:
- According to MSN, “Los Angeles World Airports is hosting another record-setting Thanksgiving holiday travel period this year, with an estimated 3.21 million passengers”.
- Unfortunately in addition to the high turnout, many families and friends were stranded at LAX and other airports due to weather conditions. The weather concerns also led to many flight cancellations. Many fights across the country were greatly impacted.
- Many flyers began to book flight tickets out of Oakland Airport but soon realized Oakland Airport lost its power. They were also stranded.
- LAX traffic was starting to flow Monday evening but the worst of it was going into the airport.
- “Traditionally, Thanksgiving is the busiest holiday of the year and the Airport Police are prepared,” said Cecil W. Rhambo Jr., Chief, Los Angeles Airport Police. “We have added resources to address both security concerns and traffic congestion. Our goal is to provide every guest with a safe and secure exceptional guest experience.”
Next year, it may be beneficial for travelers to leave a week earlier or a couple of days earlier to make it on time, or beat the traffic and or plane delays.