After teasing a reunion on Instagram last week, Nicole Scherzinger (41) told The Sun that the group is reuniting for a huge tour. The Mask Singer judge also talked about her secret battles with bulimia and alcoholism which was believed to be the cause of the group’s demise.
View this post on Instagram
What We Know:
- The original Dolls consisted of Nicole Scherzinger, Jessica Sutta, Kimberly Wyatt, Ashley Roberts, Carmit Bachar, and Melody Thorton.
- This will be PCD’s first performance in 10 years. The group promised a more inclusive experience which was different when Scherzinger dominated the group years ago. “I hope it’s different because WE are different,” Scherzinger said. “It is ten years on now. We all bring our own unique gifts to the group. I am so excited and we have grown so much.”
- When Scherzinger was suffering from bulimia, she felt she couldn’t open up to her group mates about it. She said that was the disconnect that caused the group to break up and not talk to each other for years. “I hid it from the world; I was extremely ashamed,” she said. “When you’re battling your own demons and insecurities, it’s not something you want to share with other people.”
- Sutta was also dealing with her own battles with alcohol. “You’re drinking champagne in the morning on these private jets. You get really unhealthy habits which, for an alcoholic, is the worst thing that could ever happen to you.”
- It took Scherzinger finding a place of peace and happiness and a public apology to all the members of the group to bring the girls back together again.
One person notably missing is Melody Thorton. Thorton chose not to return to the group because of the problems in the past. But, founder Robin Antin says the door was and is always open if and when she wants to return.