You can now hear the voice of Samuel L. Jackson respond to some of your questions when you talk to Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant, according to CNBC.
What We Know:
- The voice of Samuel Jackson was announced during Amazon’s big hardware event back in September, but was just published last week.
- Its pretty easy to set up the voice command, but you have to pay $1 to get started, and it doesn’t completely replace Alexa’s voice with Samuel L. Jackson’s for everything.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Start by saying “Alexa, introduce me to Samuel L. Jackson”.
- You’ll hear a 30-second introduction.
- Alexa will say it costs $1 plus tax and ask if you’d like to buy the voice.
- Say “Yes.
- Choose whether you want explicit or clean language.
- That’s it. Now you can ask Alexa to give you some responses from Samuel L. Jackson.
There is also a full list of commands that you can browse from, but here are a few that you can say. Just start by saying: “Alexa, ask Samuel”, “Alexa as Sam Jackson” or even “Alexa ask Samuel L. Jackson”.
- Alexa, ask Sam Jackson what’s on my calendar.
- Alexa, ask Sam Jackson to tell a joke.
- Alexa, ask Sam Jackson the weather.
- Alexa, ask Sam Jackson to sing jingle bells.
- Alexa, ask Samuel for the news.
P.S, If you have uptight family members over make sure you turn Samuel Jackson voice control off. But most of all make sure you enjoy!