A beautiful wedding day between two lovers turned tragic after the groom was murdered during the wedding rception.
What We Know:
- Joseph Melgoza had just married the love of his life, Esther Melgoza and was enjoying his wedding night. Unfortunately, brothers Rony Aristides Castaneda Ramirez (28) and Josue Daniel Castaneda Ramirez (19) entered the reception uninvited. The two wedding crashers allegedly murdered Melgoza and assaulted two other wedding guests on the day of the wedding in Chino, California.
- The brothers allegedly became very confrontational after being confronted by wedding guests who asked them to leave the premises. The confrontation with the uninvited guests quickly lead to a physical altercation, which left Melgoza with fatal injuries.
- According to police, Melgoza sustained serious head injuries after being beaten by the Ramirez brothers and later died at the hospital. The two wedding guests that sustained non life threatening injuries stated that the brothers used baseball bats as weapons.
- Melgoza’s family have since launched a gofundme account to help raise money to cover funeral expenses. All of the donations will go directly to Melgoza’s mother, Isela Dubon, for funeral and memorial arrangements. The gofundme has gained over $30,000 in donations from the public. The family also used the gofundme to share pictures from the wedding night and to also express their love for Melgoza.
- “Joe was a loving son, brother, father, cousin, partner, family member and friend. He always had a way to make you smile. He was there for you at anytime to give a helping hand. He was taken from us in such a tragic and horrific way,” Alice Alvarez wrote.
- Melgoza is survived by his daughter Lilly and his now widow, Esther Melgoza. The Ramirez brothers were both arrested and are being charged with murder and assault with a deadly weapon.
Its unfortunate that one of the happiest days of a person’s life could end so tragically.