A man is on the run after being caught on surveillance video threatening people with a knife on the Upper East Side.
What We Know:
- The man took part in three separate attacks on Monday morning. This was all in a 30-minute span, according to ABC.
- The first incident was around 10:43 a.m. in front of 960 Park Avenue. A man was chased by the suspect with a knife around a car before he walked away.
- During the second incident, a 21-year-old woman was slapped on the side of the head by the same suspect after 11 a.m. in front of 45 East 85th Street. The woman had pain and swelling to her face but refused medical attention.
- In the third incident, a man and woman were shoved by the suspect as they were walking near the southwest corner of East 87th Street and Third Avenue.
- An eyewitness took a photo of the man which lead to the suspect chasing the witness. The suspect was described as a 25-year-old male, with a dark complexion, about 5 feet 6 inches, 115 pounds, thin build, goatee, and short black hair. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, a camouflage hooded jacket, blue jeans, and black sneakers.
If anyone has information regarding this suspect, please contact the NYPD Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).