On December 16, Dennis Mckinley and Porsha Williams reconciled and shared their feelings about Mckinley’s infidelity during a televised therapy session.
What We Know:
- Mckinley opened up about the months following his daughter’s birth during the therapy session. “We had a rough pregnancy, all the way from start to finish… Sex during pregnancy, it’s nothing that a man wants to do. … And after PJ got here, postpartum was very real. We cried together, like, every night. That’s not a good enough ‘why,’ but that’s the ‘why.’”
- He also expressed his regret. “It was a poor decision and it was a selfish decision. I made a mistake, I cheated. … I’ve done my best to let Porsha know that I love her and I’m remorseful and apologetic. The priority for me is the baby.”
- However, Williams didn’t see her fiancé’s excuse as a mistake. “A mistake, to me, is taking the wrong exit…You don’t make a mistake and set up with someone and cheat. That’s not where he needs to be in order for me to heal and move forward. He needs to be in a place in my eyes where he’s taking full accountability for his actions, period. No matter how it looks and feels. It insults me when he says ‘mistake.’”
- Mckinley then decided to recommit to the reality star. “I want us to be together, and that is not a co-parent situation. I apologize again. I hope [Porsha and I] can get to a place where we start to communicate more and she can give me another chance,” he said.
- In a confessional, the Real Housewives Of Atlanta star said she didn’t know how long it will take her to forgive Mckinley. “If we get back together, it has to be real,” she explained. “Because what I’m not going to do is have my daughter be in a house with fake love. Whether it takes six months, whether it takes a year, I’m going to take my time,” she said.
- Williams and McKinley went public with their relationship in June 2018, and were engaged in September 2018 and welcomed their daughter this year. Us Weekly was the first to confirm the news of their breakup in June, and Williams mentioned in an episode of RHOA that the businessman had cheated on her.
- On Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen earlier this month, Williams confirmed that she and McKinley were re-engaged and plan to get married in 2020.
Catch new episodes of RHOA on Bravo Sundays at 8 p.m.