Nick Gordon’s attorney, Joe Habachy, confirmed his death to CNN but did not provide details on the cause.
What We Know:
Gordon was taken in by Whitney Houston when he was 12 years old and raised alongside the singer’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown. Gordon and Brown became romantically involved after Houston’s death in 2012.
His death comes five years after Bobbi Kristina’s, after she was found unresponsive in a bathtub in January 2015. Her death was oddly similar to that of her mother. An autopsy declared that drug intoxication and immersion in water were the cause of the pneumonia and brain damage that ultimately led to Bobbi Kristina’s death.
- After failing to appear to two of the court hearings, Gordon was found legally responsible for Bobbi Kristina’s death in a civil case back in 2016 and he was ordered to pay $36 million to the estate of his ex-girlfriend.
- Gordon’s attorney says his heart sank when he heard the news of his old client. He says that despite his troubled life, Gordon was trying to stay away from drugs.
- Sources told The Daily Mail that Gordon had suffered a number of heart attacks on New Year’s Day and was rushed to the intensive care unit at Altamonte Springs Hospital, where he eventually died.
- Junior Walker, brother of Gordon expressed his heartache in a post on social media:
- In recent years, Gordon found himself entangled in legal drama after his girlfriend Laura Leal accused him of a physical altercation. Charges were dropped due to Leal contradicting her statements.
Our thoughts go out to the family and friends he’s left behind.