Lizzo has voiced her support for the FOMO festival’s ongoing bushfire fundraiser, asking festival goers to donate $1 towards state emergency services when they buy drinks at the festival bar.
What We Know:
- 24 people have been arrested for deliberately starting the blaze that has covered 14.5 million acres of land and have claimed the lives of 23 people.
- FOMO launched the bushfire fundraiser initiative on January 4th before it’s first stop in Brisbane.
- Lizzo is currently on the continent as a part of her World Tour where she has a stop in Queensland.
- In a video posted to her Instagram story, Lizzo held onto a stuffed Koala as she shared a heartfelt message explaining why this is not just an Australian issue but a Global crisis. The post read, “Being over here in Australia has really given me a real time view into what’s happening with these devastating fires and for all my followers who are mostly American, I just want to say that this is a Global crisis. I don’t want to politicize anything. This isn’t a political issue at this point, this is a human issue.”
- According to reports, FOMO has already raised $8,000 from the Brisbane show and are waiting on final numbers from the Adelaide show, proceeds from the donation drive will go to the areas effected.
Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by this devastating crisis.