R&B singer Trey Songz may be in trouble with the law after being accused of sexual assault.
What We Know:
- 2020 isn’t off to a great start for Trey Songz who allegedly went a little too far during a night of partying for New Year’s 2018 according to his accuser. The woman’s true identity is unknown; However, she is using the name Jane Doe.
- Trey Songz is facing a $10 million lawsuit after Jane Doe alleges she was assaulted by the singer in the VIP section of E11even nightclub in Miami, Florida. The accusations are quite unsettling based on the court documents which detailed how Trey Songz behaved inappropriately towards the alleged victim.
- According to the details of the events described in the court documents, Trey Songz allegedly “forced his hand under her dress without her consent.” In addition to “attempting to insert his fingers into her vagina without her consent or permission”.
- If those details aren’t unsettling enough, there is also another woman that alleges Trey Songz assaulted her on the same night as Jane Doe. The two women confided in one another over their similar experience with the R&B singer according to the documents. The second woman alleges Trey Songz “put his hands down her pants and placed his fingers into her buttocks without her consent”.
- Trey Songz is no stranger to having serious accusations against him; However, in the eyes of the law you’re innocent until proven guilty. Although the singer didn’t address these allegations directly, he shared an Instagram post with the caption “Blessed. Stressed less.” It may be safe to say that Trey Songz is highly unbothered by the lawsuit or the headlines.
- Jane Doe is seeking $10 million for battery, assault, and infliction of emotional distress according to the court documents.
We truly hope the allegations involving Trey Songz are untrue. If they are in fact true, they should hold Trey Songz accountable for his actions despite his celebrity status.
View this post on Instagram