Jillian Michaels is on the receiving end of loads of backlash after she commented on pop singer Lizzo’s body.
What We Know:
- Best known for being a cutthroat coach on The Biggest Loser, television personality Jillian Michaels is being deemed “fat-phobic” after her comments concerning Lizzo’s body.
- Jillian appeared on Buzzfeed News morning show AM to DM, to talk about wellness goals, fitness goals, and workout trends. She says that we should always be inclusive but we cannot “glorify” obesity.
- In reference to Lizzo, she says that she loves her music and that she doesn’t know much about her. “Why are we celebrating her body? Why does it matter? Why aren’t we celebrating her music?” She added that while she and her children love the “Truth Hurts” singer’s music, “there’s never been a moment where I’m like, ‘And I’m so glad she’s overweight.'”
- The clip has since went viral Wednesday and has been viewed more than 2.6 million times as of Thursday, with many of those who shared the video accusing Michaels of “body-shaming” Lizzo.
- Jillian had this to say:
— Jillian Michaels (@JillianMichaels) January 9, 2020
- Lizzo has yet to directly address the comments made but did come through with a subtle clapback saying “If my name is in your mouth, so is my pussy bitch, enjoy the flavor!” A few days ago she also tweeted that she would be taking a step back from Twitter to break away from Twitter “trolls”.
While many agreed, many voiced that she should not be concerned since she is not Lizzo’s doctor.