Wendy Williams revealed that Real Housewives Of Atlanta original-NeNe Leakes would be quitting the show.
What We Know:
- During a commercial break, Wendy said she stepped away to use the bathroom. She said she checked her phone and there she saw a text message from her friend, NeNe. The text read “I’m quitting,” she told guest Jerry O’Connell.
- People also reported that NeNe would be leaving the show, but reps for NeNe quickly attempted to clean up the tea that wasn’t meant to be spilled on air. “It’s been an especially difficult couple of weeks for NeNe, and she was venting to her friend in private correspondence. Nothing has been confirmed or officially decided for next season,” a rep for NeNe advised.
- NeNe responded in her own fashion, saying “WHO SAID DAT!?!?” with hashtag SMH.
View this post on Instagram
- Wendy also said that NeNe is also carrying a heavy load but would let NeNe reveal it herself.
- “I know something about NeNe that you all will cry, be sad and feel bad for her,” Williams said on the show. “She’s carrying the weight of a huge thing on her shoulders. I’m not going to say it, she’s got to say it. But in my opinion, NeNe, you need this platform to explain the other part of your life.”
Though NeNe has taken breaks from the RHOA franchise, she is the only cast member from its’ inception in 2008.