The Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker actor shared a sweet video on Instagram Monday in which he presented his parents, Samson and Abigail Boyega, with a new home.
What We Know:
- This moment was actually captured a few years ago but this was the first time Boyega has revealed it publicly. With help from his sisters, he brought along cameras and tricked his parents into thinking they were attending an “interview” at the property. Luckily for them, they fell for it completely.
- The video also displayed footage of the actor with his parents and other relatives at the London premiere of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker wearing traditional Nigerian robes, freely showing his parents’ heritage and impact on his life.
- Boyega recently opened up more about his parents’ background in GQ’s latest cover story, explaining how they met in Nigeria and later moved to South London to raise three children.
- His parents resided in the Peckham district, known for its significant population of immigrants and working class citizens. The actor later said that for 25 years, the happy couple got by thanks to preaching and helping the disabled.
- John humbly stated, “I thought it was best that you live in an environment and a place where you’re happy and you have space and privacy”.
If this was only a small token of his appreciation, we definitely look forward to seeing a big one.