Most know Terrence Jenkins, commonly known as Terrence J, from his breakout role co-hosting BET’s 106 and Park. In his latest move, Terrence J proves himself to be a media maven.
What We Know
- After graduating from North Carolina A & T, Jenkins won BET’s New Faces Contest in 2006. This opportunity would land him his breakout role on BET’s hit video countdown show 106 and Park. On 106 and Park, he stood out for his electric personality.
- After leaving 106 and Park, Jenkins’ star power kept climbing. He is what some might call a jack of all trades being seen as a popular media personality, actor, and author. In his next act, he will be Head of Talent Engagement for Film & Television.
- The Hidden Empire Film Group is an independent film and tv production company ran by Deon Taylor, Roxanne Avent Taylor, and billionaire businessman and philanthropist Robert F. Smith.
- According to the company, Jenkins’ responsibilities will include working behind the scenes to “drive talent and entertainment integration for new films and create new content concepts including scripted and non-scripted projects”. He will also advise on music supervision and help develop influencer marketing campaigns and build strategic corporate partnerships.
- Co-founder and COO of Hidden Empire Film Group Roxanne Avent Taylor’s expressed her excitement to have Jenkins on the team. “Terrence J is a rare talent that can star in a box office film during the day, negotiate a multimillion-dollar deal at lunch, host a movie red carpet at night, and throw the official afterparty at his house. We are so excited to partner with him on creative strategies across the board.”
When asked what he thought about his latest venture, Jenkins had this to say: “Hidden Empire is one of the hottest film companies out there right now and I am honored to work with such a talented team.”