The Equalizer has had its fair share of remakes with two movie adaptations in 2014 and 2018 starring Denzel Washington.
What We Know:
- The Equalizer was made in 1985 and was about Robert McCall, a retired special agent who placed local ads in newspapers to help people in compromising situations. He would use his background information and government resources to handle the situation.
- The show originally aired on CBS for four seasons.
- In 2014, the movie version was made and directed by Antoine Fuquawith a second version appearing in 2018.
- According to Huffpost, Andrew Marlowe and Terri Miller will be the executive producers of the series along with John Davis and John Fox of Davis Entertainment, Debra Martin Chase of Martin Chase Productions, Lindheim, Shakim Compere and Queen Latifah of her company, Flavor Unit.
- In addiiton to helping with production, Queen Latifah is also expected to play the lead in the upcoming series. Similar to the original, Queen Latifah will be the “enigmatic figure who uses her extensive skills to help those with nowhere else to turn”.
The series will return along with other shows such as Hawaii- Five-O in CBS reboot lineup.