Rapper T.I. posted emotional tributes to his family on Instagram, but specifically asked his daughters Deyjah Harris and stepdaughter Zonnique Pullins to forgive him, in wake of Kobe Bryant’s death.
What We Know:
- “On Monday, Clifford Joseph Harris Jr., who goes professionally by T.I, shared several photos on Instagram of Bryant and the athlete’s daughter Gianna . In one post, the rapper told people to “Love hard on your children & family” because life is short,” NBCNews.
- T.I also posted several heartfelt photos/captions to his family asking for forgiveness and reminding them of his love.
- In November, T.I. faced serious backlash after he publicly announced that he accompanies his 18-year-old daughter Deyjah to the gynecologist to ensure her hymen “is still intact”.
- During an interview on Jada Pinkett Smith’s Red Table Talk weeks later, T.I said that his comments were terribly misconstrued and he had “embellished and exaggerated” the visits to his daughter’s gynecologist, advised NBCNews.
- T.I said, “I love you girls more than my vocabulary will allow me to express. You have grown so much right before my very eyes & blossomed into strong, brilliantly opinionated, independent young women. I’m so proud of you both and I love you to no end, more than you’ll ever know,” he wrote, before asking them for forgiveness “for any and all imperfections that cause misunderstandings between us”.
- He has also posted emotional tributes this week to his wife, Tameka “Tiny” Cottle; his sons, Messiah Ya’Majesty Harris, Major Philant Harris, Clifford Joseph Harris III, Domani Harris; and his 3 year old daughter, Heiress Diana Harris.
Deyjah has not publicly addressed the controversy of her father’s wrongdoing and embarrassment but she did unfollow him and other family members on social media after his initial comments on the podcast.