The joint venture label launched by actress Issa Rae and Atlantic Records, has acquired the music supervision firm Bonfire Collective.
What We Know:
- Stephanie Diaz-Matos, founder and creative head of Bonfire Collective will now join Raedio as head of music supervision and its production music library. Bonfire’s offices in Los Angeles, New York and New Orleans will operate under Raedio.
- The acquisition goes hand and hand with what can be called Raedio’s philosophy of being “an audio everywhere” company.
- In an exclusive statement to Billboard, Issa stated “Music in TV and film has long been a passion of mine. Raedio President, Benoni and I are so excited to partner with Bonfire Collective to expand into music supervision. Our aim will be to continue to champion artists and bridge the gap between them and music placement opportunities.”
Issa Rae’s Raedio Acquires Music Supervision Firm Bonfire Collective: Exclusive https://t.co/7bap9q42vt
— billboardbiz (@billboardbiz) January 17, 2020
- Diaz-Matos adds that “Issa is a creative force whose love of music and compassion for artists permeates every aspect of what she does. I immediately connected with Issa over a shared passion for all things music and soundtracks. Her energy is contagious, and that energy drives our mission at Raedio.”
- Bonfire’s credits include the series Godfather of Harlem, Wu-Tang: An American Saga and The Get Down as well as collaborations with brands such as Target, Old Navy, Squarespace, and Samsung. The first project that Raedio and Diaz-Matos worked on together is the Starz series P-Valley.
- This isn’t the first time Issa has ventured outside of acting. She continues to climb the ladder of success by showing us what it means to hustle. She recently began her own black-women led tech startup company and in December she announced that she was the co-owner of a new coffee shop in Inglewood dubbed Hilltop Coffee and Kitchen.
Raedio will serve as the in-house music supervision team for Issa Rae Productions and ColorCreative, encompassing creative, licensing and clearance.