Tracy McGrady spoke in an interview on ESPN; Bryant, a lot of the time, said he wanted to die young.
What We Know:
- Firstly, McGrady, a former professional basketball player shared with ESPN’s Rachel Nichols that Kobe Bryant often said, “I want to die young… I want to be immortalized.”
- McGrady continued to quote Bryant saying, “I want to have my career, be better than Michael Jordan, and I want to die young. I just thought he was crazy for saying that”.
- HuffPost reported Nichols and McGrady later clarified, the NBA icon changed his mindset after having children.
- Furthermore, McGrady suffered from reoccurring health issues, which ultimately ended his professional basketball career. The former basketball player is the game’s preeminent scorer, along with Bryant.
- Bryant, 41, died Sunday morning in a horrific helicopter crash in Calabasas. The NBA icon’s daughter, Gianna Bryant, also died among 6 other passengers plus the pilot. Bryant and Gianna’s death saddened many, which led to a petition to have Bryant be the NBA’s new logo.
Bryant and Gianna will live forever in memory.