Vanessa Bryant has spoken out for the first time since the death of her husband Kobe Bryant and their daughter Gianna in Sunday’s helicopter crash, thanking millions for “support and love during this horrific time”.
What We Know:
- On Wednesday, Vanessa, 37, shared an emotional message on Instagram, telling fans she’s “devasted” over the loss of her “adoring” husband and their “beautiful, sweet” daughter Gianna.
- In Vanessa’s statement, she thanked everyone for their love and support and expressed her condolences to the families that also lost loved ones. “We are also devastated for the families that lost loved ones on Sunday. There are not enough words to describe our pain right now. I take comfort in knowing that Kobe and Gigi both knew they were so deeply loved.”
- Vanessa shared that while she is not sure how to recover from their tragic and sudden deaths, she and her family are going to “keep pushing”.
- “Our love for them is endless and that’s to say immeasurable. I just wish I could hug them, kiss them and bless them. Have them here with us, forever.”
- Vanessa went on to announce that the Mamba Sports Foundation has set up a charity for the seven other victims of the helicopter crash: John Altobelli, Keri Altobelli, Alyssa Altobelli, Sarah Chester, Payton Chester, Christina Mauser and pilot Ara Zobayan.
- Vanessa & Kobe wed in April 2001, when he was just 22 and she was 18. During their nearly 19-year marriage, the couple welcomed daughters Natalia, 17, Gianna, 13, Bianka, 3, and 7-month-old Capri.
- According to an insider, “she (Vanessa) can hardly keep it together, she can’t finish a sentence without crying. But she is working very hard to pull it together for the other girls. She now has to be the strong one.”
There has been no word yet on funeral arrangements, we continue to keep everyone affected lifted in prayer.