Shakira and Jennifer Lopez joined forces to close the halftime show of the Super Bowl LIV at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on Sunday night with a medley of two of their signature hits.
What We Know:
- The star divas delivered a show that began with Shakira, who opened with “She Wolf,” followed by a medley of her hit songs, including “Whenever” and “Hips Don’t Lie”.
- Viewers at home as well as in the stadium were shocked to hear Shakira launch into “I Like It,” the song made by famous Cardi B, without Cardi popping on stage to rap her line.
- JLo’s performance also shook the crowd as she demonstrated her pole dancing talents, courtesy of her recent movie, Hustlers.
- There were dozens of choreographed pieces which showed JLo’s versatility as a performer. This included her being flipped upside down and around the center stage.
- After both performed individually they joined forces as Shakira returned to the stage, playing the drums while JLo sung.
- “Together, they switched off between Jennifer Lopez’s block-rocking, “Let’s Get Loud” and Shakira’s rousing “Waka Waka (This Time For Africa), before dancing side by side to close out the stunning joint performance”, advised Billboard.
Towards the end of the show, JLo and Shakira hugged while taking in the history-making moment as the first Latinas to headline a Super Bowl halftime stage.