Mo’Nique has taken to Instagram once again to air her grievances with media mogul Oprah Winfrey.
What We Know:
- The Oscar winning actress fired off on Oprah once again, this time for allegedly favoring disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein over the likes of accused sexual assault perpetrators Russell Simmons and Michael Jackson.
- In an open letter to her 800K Instagram followers, Monique said she “felt compelled” to write to Oprah after observing the way Oprah treats people “who were accused of the same” crimes.
- Monique wrote, “Interestingly, Brother M.J. was acquitted, and deceased, so how is he not off limits? Russell and Harvey are accused of the same thing so in fairness how do you not support the accusers of both, as you said you did with R.S., or did you look for the silver lining for both, like you said for H.W.?”
- “You’ve watched me as a Black woman, be accused of being difficult for not promoting Precious internationally for Lions Gate, at Lions Gate. Tyler Perry and your request, despite the fact my deal was with Lee Daniels Entertainment. How are you for Black women when you hear Tyler on audio saying I was right, and he was going to speak up but you or him still haven’t said a word?” She continued.
- Mo’Nique referenced a 2017 CBS interview that Oprah sat down for, where Oprah called the #MeToo movement, which was kicked off by sexual assault allegations against Weinstein, a “Watershed moment”.
Oprah hasn’t yet publicly responded to Mo’Nique.