Saturday, it was announced that Lamar Jackson was now the second to win the MVP award with a unanimous vote; the first was Tom Brady.
What We Know:
- Firstly, Jackson’s play led the Ravens to a 14-2 record in 2019. In addition to his 36 touchdown passes he also beat Michael Vick’s single-season rushing yards record by a quarterback.
- According to a report from NBC Sports, Patrick Mahomes responded to the question if he was “the new face of the league”.
- Furthermore, Mahomes gave a shocking answer saying, “There are several guys that can be the face of the NFL.” He added, “I mean, Lamar was the unanimous MVP, and he had one of the best seasons of all-time at the quarterback position. There are guys like that every single year.”
- In the last year, Jackson had 3,100 passing yards and 1,206 rushing yards. According to theGrio, ESPN quoted Jackson saying, “It feels good when you can make those people eat their words.” Jackson commented in response to past uncertainties of his abilities in the events leading up to the 2018 NFL Draft.
- Finally, he said, “I’m still young.” Continuing, “I’ve still got a lot of work to do. I’m not really trying to dwell on what I just did. If I win a Super Bowl, you’ll probably see a lot more emotion.”
Congratulations, Lamar Jackson, on being announced NFL MVP.