An Evening With Whitney: The Whitney Houston Hologram Tour is kicking off next week, eight years after the singer’s death.
What We Know:
- The tour is kicking off in Sheffield, UK and it’s set to expand throughout Europe, Mexico, and North America.
- The show has been in development and discussion for five years and is a partnership with BASE Hologram.
- The company used a body double to turn hundreds of hours of Houston’s performance videos into a near life-like experience for everyone. Professional dancers and a live band will accompany the hologram on stage.
- “This is something that she wanted to do,” said her sister in law, Pat Houston. “The production team behind the hologram has ensured her vision will happen posthumously.”
- Producers have hologram Whitney Houston wearing multiple detailed outfits and occasional virtual fan outbursts to enhance the amount of realism within the show.
Here’s a sample of what to expect Whitney’s hologram to look like on tour.