Violators have struck again, damaging another one of Bloomberg’s campaign offices.
What We Know:
- Firstly, Michael Bloomberg’s campaign manager, Kevin Sheekey, issued a statement explaining that the authorities have yet to identify the violators.
- Sheekey said, “While we do not know who is directly responsible, we do know Senator Bernie Sanders and his campaign have repeatedly invoked this language, and the word ‘oligarch’ specifically when discussing Mike Bloomberg and his campaign.”
- Furthermore, Sheekey also said, “Sen. Sanders’ refusal to denounce these illegal acts is a sign of his inability to lead, and his willingness to condone and promote Trump-like rhetoric has no place in our politics.”
- He added, “No one should have to live in fear of coming to work, and Sen. Sanders must call on his supporters — including his campaign staff — to elevate the discourse in this campaign and end their spread of hateful rhetoric.”
- Chicago Sun-Times reported, violators spray-painted derogatory words like “oligarch,” “racist,” “sexist,” and “GOP” in red opposite the office’s front windows of the campaign offices in Chicago.
- Finally, Sunday’s incident is the latest to happen. Fox News reported that Friday evening, violators also smashed the windows at Bloomberg’s campaign offices in Salt Lake City. Violators also ruined the billionaire businessman’s campaign offices in Ohio, Michigan, and Tennessee with graffiti.
A post on Twitter featured the campaign office in its vandalized condition.
PHOTO: Graffiti spray-painted on Bloomberg campaign office in Edgewater, details from @lukewilusz and me for @Suntimes, https://t.co/IGtOH1uteN #Bloomberg #Chicago pic.twitter.com/MdPC3IKpGZ
— Carly Behm (@cb_journo) February 24, 2020