After Oprah Winfrey’s fall, social media’s biggest bully 50 Cent cracked a joke saying “Michael Jackson’s ghost trip her?” Snoop Dogg also joined in saying “Michael and Kobe blew a gust of wind. Balance.”
What We Know:
- The rapper and tv star recently voiced his opinion on Gayle King’s remarks on Kobe Bryant following her interview with WNBA legend Lisa Leslie on CBS This Morning. In the interview, King brought up Bryant’s sexual assault charge in a 2003 case that was later dropped over a year later. King said, “it’s been said that his legacy is complicated because of a sexual assault charge…Is it complicated for you as a woman, as a WNBA player?”
- Snoop said that King was “way out of pocket” and question her motives when talking about the NBA legend that died during a helicopter crash. Snoop said on social media, “we expect more from you Gayle. Don’t you hang out with Oprah? Why y’all attacking us? We your people! You ain’t come after f—ing Harvey Weinstein asking them dumb ass questions.”
- He later apologized and went on Jada Pinkett Smith’s Red Table Talk show after receiving a lot of backlash. He said, the incident “made me feel like I had too much power. And at that particular time, I was abusing it.”
- After his appearance on the show, many people were questioning his sincerity after he quickly joined in mocking King’s best friend Winfrey after the video of her falling went viral this past weekend.
- Winfrey took a tumble in front of thousands during her “Oprah’s 2020 Vision: Your Life in Focus” tour stop in L.A. Winfrey said, “Here’s my definition of what wellness means to me … Wellness to me means all things in balance. And balance doesn’t mean all things are equal or at peace at all times.” After recuperating herself she jokingly said “wrong shoes”.
- One disappointed fan in regards to Snoop’s comment wrote, “Aww, @SnoopDogg. I expect this horses**t from 50, but you? Raise your game. You’re better than this.”
Despite what others may think about his latest comments, a lot of people are even wondering if Snoop was wrong. Even after issuing his apology, he is still receiving support from fans who believe that he was acting from a place good intentions when he came for King and Winfrey.