A Florida fair worker is now unemployed after calling a Black man the n-word.
What We Know:
- Chaos erupted after a ride operator at the Lee County Fair, in southwestern Florida, hurtled a racial slur at a man in front of children, which can be heard in a video posted on social media.
- Witness to the incident, Trevor Reiland, uploaded a video to Facebook on Sunday of the fight that ensued after the “older white guy” in the clip called the Black man the n-word about four times, NBC News reports.
- “Can’t even enjoy the fair these days,” Reiland captioned the video. “Guy drags the operator off the ride, after being called the n-word.” According to Reiland, the racist ride operator also called the man’s wife a “b***h”.
- The focused individual of the white man’s racial harassment can be seen in the video hitting the ride operator on his arm and telling him, “Come talk to me”. Meanwhile, children can be heard crying in the background.
- Near the climax of the incident, the ride operator eventually calls him a “stupid motherf****r” and “stupid n***a b***h”. This was the point when the Black man initiated his approach to the ride operator, leaping over the platform and pulling him by his hoodie. Once the fight broke up, everyone was removed from the ride.
Reithoffer Shows Inc., the 124-year-old family-owned and operated company, reassured the discharge of the ride operator and stated: “Regardless of the provocation, there is no excuse or tolerance for discriminatory or offensive actions directed to a patron, guest or anybody else for that matter.”