In attempt to stay connected with her fans during the coronavirus crisis, Lizzo played the flute on Instagram live during the weekend.
What We Know:
- She wrote in the post’s caption that she was dedicating the 30-minute flute session to “compassion”.
- “A practice in connectivity during this social distance,” the caption continued. “Please enjoy.”
- During the Instagram Live session, Lizzo lit a bundle of sage and discussed how she’s been feeling lately as the world copes and deals with the seriousness and constant spreading of the coronavirus.
- “I’ve been communicating almost every other day with my best friend’s mom, who is a nurse and works in the ER in Ohio, and I feel helpless because there’s not much I can do for her,” she said. “I wish I could send you face masks, I wish I could send you supplies and I wish I could send you more hands and arms. I wish I could be there. … I don’t know.”
- Lizzo, apparently, also discussed social distancing, the importance of showing sympathy for people, and the need to not “allow this time to turn us against each other”.
- After discussing how the people and the communities have been affected by the virus, she stated “Now is not the time for more internet bullies, now is not the time for more trolls, now is the time for compassion”.
- Lizzo used her flute playing talent in a meditation session on Instagram Live earlier this month as well.
“A meditation and mantra to promote healing during this global crisis,” she wrote in the Instagram caption. “Use at your own pace. Love you!” Check out her live: