Drake debuted images of his son for the first time Monday in a rare family appreciation post amid national quarantine measures set in place due to COVID-19.
What We Know:
- Rapper Drake, 33, who has kept his son out of the public eye, posted a series of candid snaps of himself with the toddler and his mother, model Sophie Brussaux, as well as his parents Dennis and Sandi Graham.
- The father-son duo looked cute in matching outfits in the sweet snap, with Drake – real name Aubrey Drake Graham – looking lovingly at the youngster.
- Adonis looked sweet in a black hoodie and grey joggers as he was held by his loving dad, while a proud Sophie smiled at the camera.
“What is most important for you right now is to connect to your own inner light. This will create the biggest opening of all. Trust that you have all of the power within to make this happen, and in order to do that connect to the people and things that bring you a lot of joy.” – Drake
- Back in October 2017, former adult film star Sophie gave birth to Adonis, but Drake did not acknowledge the existence of his child until the release of his album Scorpion in late June 2018.
- Fans of the 6-God rapper were introduced to his son, however, in an unconventional way. During a rap-beef with Virginia rapper, Pusha T, Drake’s then-new dad status was announced by his current nemesis.
- “You are hiding a child, let that boy come home/Deadbeat mothaf***a playin’ border patrol,” rapped the Daytona creator before revealing the child’s name to the public for the first time.
- Smoke may remain in the air between the two artists, but both have officially moved on musically. Although the infamous verse dropped two years ago, Drake remained adamant about hiding the world from his child.
- Speaking on LeBron James’ HBO show The Shop, Drake said he was initially scared to tell his mother about the situation, because he was never in a relationship with Sophie. He added: “I am a single father learning to communicate with a woman who… you know, we’ve had our moments, right. We have found ourselves in a situation and we are both equally responsible and now I’m just really excited to be a great father. I have a son, he’s a beautiful boy.”
- The photos came just ten days after he tested negative for COVID-19 following his interactions with NBA star Kevin Durant, who revealed he has the virus early last week.
Though Adonis doesn’t look exactly like his dad now, there is a chance that could change as he gets older. But for the time being, we’ll just keep calling the 2-year-old his grandmother’s twin and gushing over how adorable this blonde-haired blue-eyed toddler is.