A report surfaced that Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott had allegedly violated stay-at-home guidelines by throwing a party at his home last week. After being chastised, Prescott has issued a statement clarifying what happened at the event in question.
What We Know:
- The Dallas QB was swift in providing input iun a statement to USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday. He denied hosting a large party last Friday that prompted accusations of violating social-distancing policies.
- In addition, Prescott was shown arm-in-arm in a picture with ex-cowboy Dez Bryant and other players following a workout, leading to a growing perception that the athletes weren’t following social distancing mandates, even two weeks earlier.
- The report stated that approximately 30 people were gathered at the quarterback’s house in Prosper, Texas, on Friday. The Cowboy’s executive vice president Stephen Jones said the organization spoke to Prescott and Cowboy’s running back Ezekiel Elliott about their involvement.
- “I think they’re certainly aware now of how sensitive these situations are,” Jones said Tuesday to Dallas station 105.3. “I don’t think you’ll be seeing that anymore. They’re certainly guys we have the utmost respect for, and I certainly know they understand the sensitivity of the situation we’re in today.”
Despite accusations, Prescott went onto say, “I am very sensitive to the challenges we are all facing and making sure to support the first responders and medical personnel and everyone else putting in long hours.” He also stated that in times such as these, it is important to educate and isolate ourselves.