Former First lady Michelle Obama will host a live streamed story time for children every Monday over the next month as shools remain closed amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
What We Know:
- As a collaborative effort with Penguin Young Readers, Random House Children’s Books and PBS KIDS, Michelle will be reading some of her favorite children’s books for the next four weeks.
- The limited series is called “Mondays with Michelle Obama” and will feature Mrs. Obama reading one book during the session.
- The story time will be streamed live at noon (ET) from the PBS KIDS’ Facebook page and YouTube channel and the Penguin Random House Facebook page.
- The four session will also be avaliable on demand immediatly after they air.
- A couple of her favorite books she will read are The Vey Hungry Caterpillar and There’s a Dragon in your Book.
- Michelle Obama stated “Im excited to give kids a chance to practice their reading and hear some wonderful stories.”
Michelle Obama’s story time reading effort follows similar efforts launched by celebrities in recent weeks, including former Reading Rainbow host Levar Burton.