Little Women: Atlanta star Ashley “Ms. Minnie” Ross died after succumbing to injuries following a hit and run accident, the 34-year-old reality star’s publicist confirmed to theGrio in a statement early Tuesday morning.
What We Know:
- Ross was involved in an accident in Atlanta around 11 p.m. Sunday and died nearly 24 hours later at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Dixson said. She was 34 years old.
- Ross’s publicist Liz Dixson said the ‘hit and run’ accident happened on Sunday in Atlanta. The driver reportedly fled the scene on foot. Ms. Minnie was pronounced dead on Monday night at approximately 10:30 p.m. at Grady Memorial Hospital. Urban Newsroom has not been able to confirm the validity of the ‘hit and run’ and has reached out to the police for additional information.
- Minnie rose to fame as a star on Lifetime’s Little Women: Atlanta, which followed an ensemble of little women and chronicled their lives in the city of Atlanta. She shared many intimate parts of her life on the popular show, including her relationship with rapper Pastor Troy. The cameras famously captured the moment she shared with him that she miscarried a child they had conceived together. She later revealed she was not actually pregnant.
- Dixson also shared a statement on the star’s Instagram page. “It is with profound sadness that we confirm on behalf of the family of Ashley Ross aka ‘Ms Minnie’ of Little Women Atlanta has succumbed to injuries from a tragic hit and run car accident today at the age of 34,” the statement said. “The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”
View this post on Instagram
Full Statement from the management team of @MsMinnieLWA It is with profound sadness that we confirm on behalf of the family of Ashley Ross aka “Ms Minnie” of Little Women Atlanta has succumbed to injuries from a tragic hit and run car accident today at the age of 34. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time. Please direct all media requests to: Liz Dixson Publicist for Ms Minnie 404-410-6912 firstname.lastname@example.org
- She is survived by “her loving mother Tammy Jackson, Veronica Deloney (aunt), John Deloney (uncle), and beloved (grandmother) Rose Deloney.”
This is a breaking news story. Details will be updated here.