After being a guest on The View, Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds discussed his fight with the coronavirus, his Instagram live battle with Teddy Riley and announced the Waiting to Exhale Mother’s Day special that will be broadcasted on Instagram Live.
What We Know:
- Babyface was the virtual guest on Tuesdays episode of The View.
- First, he spoke about his battle with the coronavirus, stating after he got back from a trip from Vegas he started having symptoms of a scratchy throat. The Grammy award winner said he immediately self quarantined inside his studio and suddenly he got the fever, night sweats, and chills.
- Babyface recounted it was six days or so before his wife, Nicole Patenburg, started showing symptoms as well.
- He felt he and his wife got the mild version of the virus and he was just thankful that they were able to get through it. He wanted the spectators to know “Its real and it can happen”.
- Babyface then adressed his Versuz battle with Teddy Riley, that crushed Instagram Live records with 4 million viewers. Even former First Lady Michelle Obama tuned into the Instagram Live Battle.
- Afterward Michelle, reached out to Babyface to get help with her “When We All Vote” challenge which helps people get registered.
- It took both L.A. Reid and Sean “Diddy” Combs to convince Babyface to do it for the culture. “First of all, batteling with music is not necessarily my kind of thing to begin with” he said. After speaking with his long time friends, he needed to do it because he needed an escape and it was a good thing to do.
- Both Babyface and Teddy Riley saw an increase in streams of their music due to the battle.
- Thanks to the IG battle, Babyface was inspired and will soon treat his fans to new music for the first time in five years.
- Before he drops the new music, he is going to host a Mother’s Day special featuring the Waiting to Exhale album on Sunday, May 10th.
After seeing how many peolpe wanted to hear music from the Waiting to Exhale album, Babyface felt it would be the perfect holiday to play the album and tell stories of how it was made.