Now this is a story all about how The Fresh Prince of Bel Air cast reunited on the season finale of Will Smith’s Snapchat show Will from Home.
What We Know:
- Tatyana Ali, Alfonso Ribeiro, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Karyn Parsons, Janet Hubert, and Joseph Marcell were all featured in the two-part finale, which released on the social media platform this Wednesday, April 29, and Thursday, April 30.
- The reunion took place on the first installment of the show’s two-part season finale Wednesday, with the second part premiering Thursday.
- The cast paid tribute to the late James Avery who played Phillip Banks. He died in 2014 from complications from open heart surgery. The actor was 68.
- During the interview, Smith asked the cast how they felt about only being recognized as their characters from the sitcom. DJ Jazzy Jeff admitted that he “got really, really annoyed that everybody wanted to do the handshake” he regularly did with Smith on the show. He continued, “You would see in people’s eyes when they were about to sneak the handshake and I would just grab their hand and hold it.”
- In the other clip, Smith revealed that Ribeiro convinced him to name his character on the show after himself. “We had talked, and I said, ‘Look, if you’re going to do this show, you’ve got to be Will Smith,” said Ribeiro
- On Wednesday, Smith shared an at-home version of the show’s opening credits on Instagram. The clip began with Smith rearranging objects in his garage, while were castmates later introduced as the theme song played.
- The actor also shared a tribute to Avery in a video posted to Instagram on Thursday.
- Smith launched Will from Home in April as a way to keep in touch with family and friends while also entertaining those stuck at home amid the coronavirus pandemic lockdown.
Over the course of its 10 episodes, Will From Home hosted the likes of supermodel Tyra Banks, as well as Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases who has been at the forefront of the country’s response to the pandemic.