Up and coming rap artist Nick Blixky was shot and killed Sunday night.
What We Know:
- Rapper Nick Blixky, whose real name is Nickalus Thompson, was found unresponsive on Winthrop street in Brooklyn, New York.
- Blixky was discovered after police responded to 911 call about a man being shot.
- The 21-year-old was said to have gun shots to the torso and buttocks stated the New York Police Department in a statement.
- Emergency responders transported him to New York Health & Hospital/Kings County, where he was pronounced dead.
- Blixky had a single titled “Drive The Boat” with more than 2 million views on YouTube.
- Blixky started rapping for fun with his group, Blixky Crew, but decided to take it more seriously and pursue a career in hip hop when fans responded positively to his YouTube videos according to his Spotify profile.
- Hours before he was killed, Blixky shared on Instagram post that his first mixtape, Different Timin was set to debut next month.
The New York Police Department have not made any arrests so far and the investigation is ongoing.