Discriminatory remarks have ended the partnership between HelloFresh and Lea Michele. The actress had posted a tweet in support of the Black Lives Matter movement amidst the recent outrage of George Floyd’s death. The tweet sparked outrage moments later by her co-stars who accused the actress of racist comments, bullying, and hateful comments.
What we know:
- On May 29th, Lea Michele had posted a tweet expressing her support to the Black Lives Matter movement. A few days later, her Glee co-star Samantha Ware, who portrayed Jane Hayward, responded to Lea Michele’s tweet with the following message:
- Following the tweet of actress Samantha Ware, many other actresses and actors came forward with serious discriminatory allegations against Lea Michele.
- Several Twitter users tagged HelloFresh and two days later, the meal kit empire cut ties with the actress from their deal and said the following:
HelloFresh does not condone racism nor discrimination of any kind. We are disheartened and disappointed to learn of the recent claims concerning Lea Michele. We take this very seriously, and have ended our partnership with Lea Michele, effective immediately.
— HelloFresh US (@HelloFresh) June 2, 2020
- Along with their tweet, HelloFresh made a donation to the Brooklyn NAACP and encouraged the community to do the same.
- The actress, Lea Michele posted an apology that later on backfired as people did not find it “sincere” or “genuine” on this delicate issue.
- Fans accused her of not being “sincere” after the lengthy post mentioned that she “doesn’t remember” and the way it was “perceived” by her fellow cast members.
- The actress is a few of the celebrities that have been accused of making derogatory remarks such as, Madonna, Hannah Brown, and Paris Hilton.
- Lea Michele’s representatives have not spoken about the issue and declined numerous interviews.
The racism in America has cost many innocent lives such as the recent case of George Floyd due to police brutality in America and protests have taken place all over the world in order to change the way the system works in the U.S. Many celebrities of color have endured racism throughout their lives and are finally using their social platform to raise awareness on this issue.