Amid the protesting for justice for George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and Breonna Taylor, we are wishing Taylor a big happy birthday.
What We Know:
- Breonna Taylor would have turned 27-years-old today, however, her life ended shortly on March 13, when cops intruded her home firing 25 bullets, eight of them hitting Taylor. Her death was tragic but didn’t stop people from celebrating her birthday through social media.
- All over social media, people are paying their respects and wishing her a happy birthday using hashtags like #SayHerName and #HappyBirthdayBreonnaTaylor, including celebrities who are using their social media platforms to not only wish Taylor a happy birthday but to also encourage everyone to continue to seek justice for all lives lost to police brutality.
- Bernice King, daughter of Martin Luther King, posted: “Today is #BreonnaTaylor’s birthday. #SayHerName. Think of and pray for those closest to her. Dedicate time to work for #JusticeforBreonnaTaylor.” The post included phone numbers to call and social media accounts to tag.
— Be A King (@BerniceKing) June 5, 2020
- R&B duo DVSN wished Taylor a Happy Birthday tweeting: “It’s #BreonnaTaylor’s birthday…happy birthday Queen. We are not gonna shut up or stop until there’s been justice for you. Rest in power and paradise.”
It’s #BreonnaTaylor ‘s Birthday… happy birthday Queen. We not gonna shut up or stop until there’s been justice for you. Rest in power and paradise! 👸🏾👑
— dvsn ÷ (@dvsn) June 5, 2020
- Actor Keith Powers tweeted: “Happy Birthday Breonna Taylor. Let’s continue to fight for justice on her behalf. #JusticeForBreonnaTaylor #SayHerName #BlackLivesMatter.”
- Singer and Songwriter John Legend submitted an op-ed to Entertainment Weekly. In the op-ed, Legend wished Breonna Taylor a happy birthday and gave his condolences to Taylor’s family. Legend also addressed the issues that have been occurring and encourages people to continue to join the movement in demanding justice.
- “Today I use my platform to demand justice for this essential person, this woman, daughter, sister, and friend. While her loved ones need to be indeed in our prayers on this hard day, we also must commit to never stop fighting for justice in her name.”
We wish Breonna Taylor a happy birthday. We stand with her, her family, and the black community in chasing justice and stopping police brutality.