After Kim Kardashian West quoted a tweet about reopening the 2018 Tamla Hosford case, people are depending on her criminal justice work for answers and justice.
— Kim Kardashian (@KimKardashian) June 6, 2020
What We Know:
- Tamla Horsford, a 40-year-old mother of five, went to an all-adult football moms sleepover with some of the moms from her son’s football team. There were seven white women and three men at home that night in Forsyth County, Georgia.
- The following morning, Horsford was found dead in the backyard by the home owner’s aunt at 7:30 am on November 4, 2018, but police were not called to the scene until 9:30 am.
- The Hosford case is receiving new inspection after “Black Twitter” created the hashtag #TamlaHorsford, drawing attention to get federal law enforcement officials involved.
- Kim stated, “I couldn’t just sit back”. She has received 949 comments on her Twitter retweet in one day, asking for her help.
- The case was just recently closed in February because the investigators stated they didn’t find any evidence of foul play which is contradicting to the family’s attorney’s statement “reflects that homicide is a strong possibility”. Despite this, a petition has formed to reopen the case involving the death of Tamla Horsford.
Kim started her journey with the criminal justice reform in 2018, after she helped get Alice Marie Johnson released from prison on her life sentence.